Thursday, September 06, 2007

Labor Day weekend back home

Heather and I had a fun, relaxing 4 day weekend back in ND. We drove to Fargo on Thurs after work and crashed at the Litchy house, which is looking good with all Tonia and Trent's renovations. They still need to finish that darn bathroom though. :)

On Friday we made a stop at the Ski and Bike Shop and visited with Pat and the gang, and went to the Red Pepper (did they get bought by Cub Foods or something?) to feast on some grinders, tacos, and cheese tostadas. Then we took off for Union Lake to play at the lake cabin. Dad and I got in some nice waterskiing and a bike ride around the lake. On Saturday night, after some appetizers at the Blue Moose, we traveled back to the Litchy's, where we hung out all day Sunday and Monday.

If there's one thing that Tonia loves, it's....
Mario is big. Willa is little.
We delivered Trent his shiny new road bike. They make quite the flashy pair, don't they? Trent and I went on a couple road rides so that he could get used to it. Fun times.
Yesterday I got the first electricity bill since we put the new furnace in. Despite having to run the A/C during the hot days, the bill was only $16, compared to over $40 last month. Awesome! High efficiency furnaces kick ass! I can't wait to see the savings in the winter.

I got a replacement frame today for my broken 9.9. Here it is, all pretty and new:
It's last year's 8900 Euro frame (only one water bottle mount...what's the deal with that?). I already have all the parts off the 9.9 frame, and I will be bringing that into the warranty dept tomorrow to check the frame alignment. They think the alignment might have been messed up, causing all that chainsuck. If that's the case, then I have a free, brand-new 9.9 frame coming my way as well. Sweet.

Now I just have to get the 8900 all built up and tested before the WORS race on Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart on me! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should be just fine with your new frame for a while. What happens to it if you get another 9.9 though. Wall art or another commuter?

Brian said...

I'm sticking with aluminum mtb frames for awhile now. Too much hassle with carbon.

If I got another 9.9 thru warranty, I would keep the aluminum frame and just sell the carbon one.

Anonymous said...

Loved having you guys and little willa. Tonia loves the brats. Love that new frame. Tell them you need that paint job on the warrenty frame.

Simmons said...

Thanks for calling me to go riding guys! I bet Tonia likes brats Trent :) Nice frame Brian. Good luck at your Wors Race. Maybe I'll call you to go riding when I get to Wisconsin for the Cheq 40 :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, David Bitter-Pants!

G-reg said...

You should start a underground high quality Al frame Mafia. From within the company you can "convince" Trek to put some R&D into Al and make some nice frames. It will be tough because these frames would be cheaper, lighter, and more durable than their big $$ plastic bikes.

Justin Fox said...

Are you implying that Tonia loves weiners?