Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Most of the time when I go for road rides, I bring my ipod and sing along to my favorite songs. Eddy really likes the singing...it calms him. But sometimes Heather takes the ipod when she goes running, so Eddy and I tell stories to each other to pass the time. He tells me about his wonderful journey from Belgium to the USA to ND and then finally to WI. I tell him about my previous bikes; before he was born. He was particularly interested in my story about White Lightning, my Giant TCR from a few years ago.
Seems that Eddy is keen on the white accessories. Plus, he has been feeling a little bit neglected lately with all the attention the mountain bike has been getting. So, I decided to give him a makeover. New Race X Lite wheels (with white spokes), hbar tape, saddle, and then I finally upgraded the stem/hbar combo that I've had for many years and got the Bontrager Race X Lite stem with the Race Lite bar.

Notice how I also conveniently snuck the paver project progress (good use of alliteration right there) into the pics. Don't tell Heather! :)

Vontoux chillin with the lil speedster Willa.
We went to Birbigs tonight. It kicked butt, funny as hell. * Mike Birbiglia is skinny and his new CD is hilarious. * - glad I could help, Mike! :)
Also, a big congrats go out to Robb and Tracy!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddy is looking pretty flashy

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the Giant?

Brian said...

Thanks Nathan.

I sold the Giant when I started working at Trek, and replaced it with the Madone.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at Xmas!

Anonymous said...

Berbigs is chubby and insecure!

Simmons said...

Looking good Brian :)

Brian said...

Trent feels so strongly about Birbigs that he felt the need to post it twice. That's not going to help his insecurities! :)

Just like you, Vino!

Anonymous said...

Blackberry posting is complicated

Justin Fox said...

Oh I miss white lightning

Anonymous said...

Bettini rules the world, again!

What do you think of the new wheels?

Squez, are you coming home for Christmas, or is Brian making reference to seeing your elf pictures posted by Fox during the holiday season?

Anonymous said...

no dub, i should be back around x-mas time. As far as elf pics, I am suprised that i have not seen any new ones as of late.

Anonymous said...

Squez, maybe I'll get to see you this time around. Probably have to bribe you with patron to make you stop at the house. To bad Fox doesn't have any real reason to make the drive to GF other than to partake in the patron, or take new elf pictures.
Let's keep rambling on and take over Brian's blog.

Brian said...

Pat - I am liking the new wheels so far. I've only ridden on them 3 times, but they feel plenty stiff, and supposedly are 50-75 grams lighter than the Ksyrium's. We'll see if they hold up as well as the Mavic's...

I think Nathan just called out Fox for not posting elf pics. That's a challenge Foxy!

G-reg said...

How long until you come full circle and come back to Aluminimumanum land on the rodie also?

Anonymous said...

Yes this is Nathan calling Fox out. I am curious to see what he could come up with for the upcoming holiday seasons.

Anonymous said...

I would like to inform you all that if you call him out, he will deliver (kinda like Field of Dreams, that is Justin's fave movie, he can't get enough of Kevin Costner), so be ready Squez.

(on behalf of Foxy)

Justin Fox said...

Field of Dreams? Seriously though, Costner is packin in that show. I heard he's all balls though.