Monday, March 12, 2007

Momentary Lapse of Reason

Another busy weekend here. Dad, Danette, and Tonia (what a trooper--two weekends in a row!) came to visit and help with the house. It was a short visit, but very productive. We got all the tile grouting done, all three toilets reinstalled, the office painted, the master bedroom and bathroom primed, fixed the garage door opener, and got some of the dining room wallpaper removed. And the fridge was delivered. The house is already looking WAY better than when we first started working on it. That's cool. Heather should be getting pics posted on her blog shortly.

Brooks and I went to Menards this week and picked up stuff for our basement bike shops. We both got some countertop and a nice cabinet. I have some plans printed out for my new bike shop workbench. That project will have to wait until after the move is complete though. I will keep you updated with the progress of that...

Heather and Mary made it back from FL in one piece. They had a good time visiting Susan and Mary's grandma for the week. Vontoux isn't as happy now though, because he doesn't get to sleep on the bed with me anymore. :)

I was right in predicting that Team Gray would be just fine without me last week...they won 8-4 against Team Orange. Last night we took on Team White and won 8-6 in a fun, back and forth game. I had a goal and an assist. Only a couple more games now before the playoffs begin.

9 comments:

Simmons said...

Congrats Team Gray! I take it pw didn't show again for Team White last night :)

Can't wait to see some pictures of the house and the bike shops that you and Brooks are building.

Brian said...

He was a no-show once again, unfortunately. That's too bad, I could have used his help at the house after the game. :)

I probably won't be able to work on my workbench for at least a few weeks...we'll see how long the moving process takes us.

Anonymous said...

Brother Brian - I work on your house, because I'm procastinating on mine. Are you going to the Final 5 for a guys weekend, since Heather got a girls week? You should use the 2x4s from your basement wall for your bike shop workbench - then you can have a basement track like RRHS!

How's the jersey order coming along?
I think Trent needs to send money still.

Brian said...

I'm warming up to the idea of removing that wall and having a nice bike loop in the basement. That wall isn't doing anything anyway.

I'd have to put some rubber flooring down or something though...that concrete would be slick.

Anonymous said...

Build a big shop. Find an renovation/excuse to get an air compressor and nail guns that will have a double life as a shop compressor. A drill press, various sanders, grinder, and dremel, are other "mandatory" power tools for home remodeling that "will work" in the shop.

G-reg said...

An air compressor is most definitely high on the "when I get a house and a garage" list. Leave it in the garage and plumb it down stairs, maybe a line to the kitchen too...

Justin Fox said...

You gotta tell Heather to get movin with those pics, i wanna see this mother.

Anonymous said...

Good thinking by Greg on the air compressor to the sink area in the kitchen. And like Fox said, where are the pics!

Brian said...

We don't have internet/phone/cable yet, so it's hard to upload any pics. Plus, we just spent the last two days moving all our crap with a UHaul.

No time to update blogs from home. :)