Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snow -- Fun fluffy stuff

Hello everyone. Snow has finally arrived here in Sun Prairie. We had some last week, but it didn't stick around for very long. This stuff looks like it will stay.

Newly fallen snow can only mean one thing: crappy drivers. So there I am driving to work this morning (the WRX performed quite nicely in its first snow test), listening to REO Speedwagon (which might be a good nickname for the WRX!), and I am going 60 all the way to Marshall (town about 8 miles from SP). So all is good. Then upon leaving Marshall, myself and about 8 other cars get stuck behind a guy who doesn't feel safe going over 35 mph (speed limit is 55 on this 2 lane road that goes from SP to Waterloo). It was very humorous, especially being that the roads were not bad at all.

Some good comes from the snow though. I am guessing that outdoor rinks will be open within the next month (hopefully before Xmas). That's exciting. And it is still warm here (high 20s-low 30s), which makes for excellent winter outdoor biking. Hopefully it stays like that for awhile. I don't have the cool Pugsley like Simmons, but the 970 always performs admirably in the snow. And it has much more character, with the rust and all. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you found a hockey league to play in yet?

Brian said...

I found one right here in SP that started over a month ago, but it was $300, which was just too expensive being that we had just moved here.

Next season I plan on joining it though, so this season I hope for decent outdoor ice (and players).

G-reg said...

The beauty of all Weeeeeele drive! I may suggest some snow's or better all season rubber, the factory Bridgestone’s suck like their F-1 counterparts. I’d hate for the REO Speedwagon to back into a wall like lil’Schumi.

Brian said...

What did you put on your Subie for rubber?