Sunday, November 27, 2005

Long holiday weekend

I like long weekends. Having Thurs and Fri off from work was most fun, as well as my family coming to visit for TDay. Dad and Danette and Alane and Dick all came to visit for a few days, but Tonia and Trent couldn't make it due to some horrible highway conditions. Now they owe us a visit. :) We had a good time, went to a Sir Hobos (pretty much the only restaurant in town open on TDay) and ate a good meal, then took them all to Trek to give them a tour yesterday. The time passed by too quickly. I will see them all again in less than a month for Xmas though, so all is good.

Not much else is new. I got some new race cross wheels. That's most exciting. They are red Mavic Heliums with Hutchinson Pro Series cross tires (sorry Brooks, they are clinchers). They came with those bad-ass Mavic skewers and some wheel bags. So now I have an all-red and an all-gold wheelset. So much bling.

Here's some pics of the Mavic wheels/tires, the gold wheels with their new Michelin tires, and a pic of Heather and Vontoux relaxing on the couch. He's a tired puppy.

8 comments:

Simmons said...

Make's me want the Ksyrium ES wheels even more. Any plans on using them for road racing?

Brian said...

I'll use them for road only if an idiot in a race wipes out right in front of me and screws up both of my Ksyrium wheels.

But we both know that will never happen... :)

Simmons said...

You're going to be to fast this year to worry about people in front of you :)

G-reg said...

I used to work with this dude named Ashley who bought parts based on color, he was tha coolist.

Lars said...

Thems wheels are P-I-M-P

Brian said...

Ouch, that hurts Greg.

But I cannot be compared to Ashley because he would have gotten a red seat, red hbar tape, red headset, red tires, red cranks, and red pedals to match the wheels.

:)

Justin Fox said...

I've heard of this Ashley of which you speak g-reg. Your account of him is accurate, except he didn't buy matching parts, he just stole them. But indeed, he was the coolist. Ever.

Lane said...

what are wheels? Wheels are for the weak minded!