Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bring out the brooms

Just got back from Duluth. It was a good weekend, made even better because the Sioux managed to sweep the Bulldogs on the road. They were two good games (5-3, 7-4) and now my voice is all hoarse from cheering/yelling so much. The Sioux football team also beat the UMD Bulldogs on Sat to advance in the NCAA DII playoffs. Good weekend all around for Sioux athletics...

Also got to see a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in awhile, so that was fun. Nice to see you Simmons, even if it was only for a few minutes at the hotel. Remember to give Yearwood his spokes!

Long day though today. Didn't get to bed until about 3am (bars close at 2am in Duluth), got up at 6:30 to drive home so that I can make my flight at 3pm. By around 8pm tonight, I will be in our nation's capital for the week. Should be fun!

6 comments:

Simmons said...

Great to see you too Brian. We need to have a Gravity Race on the hills of Duluth. Go Sioux!

Lars said...

Brian, I think you should post an expanation of gravity racing for those of us who have never witnessed this most sophisticated from of cycling. From the sounds of it GR may deserve a blog of its own. Lars

Justin Fox said...

First off, I'd like to congratulate UND for wrecking the bulldogs. Second I'd like to congratulate Brian for being well maniucured and svelte. Third, I'd like to thank lars for recognizing the utter domination of the GGFGRPS. Gravity racing has evolved from the tight loins of the chosen few, who have decided to give this gift of speed and beauty to the masses (sort of like when Eddie Murphy asks for the knife in Golden Child).

Brian said...

Andy (or anyone else interested in GR)-

Go to the Ski and Bike link in my links section, and click on Gravity Racing on the left. There you will find the rules, an explanation of it, current standings, race results, and a newswire. GR will live on forever, despite both of the commissioners moving away. :)

Anonymous said...

The GR shall continue on our heavenly fathers day of Sat. the 19th of november in the year of our lord 2005 by decree of the remaining GR deseyepols......"we shall strive to continue spureding the massage" (the book of 5ears 4:20)

G-reg said...

What the crap, those standings aren't updated. I dominated when I was up there for Hubnight, I think it was the Flames on the Klein that made me faster.