Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's like deja vu!

Trent and I had an awesome time riding trails in Minneapolis last weekend. We ended up doing 40miles of sweet singletrack riding, hitting up both Lebanon and Murphy-Hanrehan. Trent's technical abilities have improved substantially since the last time that we rode Lebanon together...cool to see. We even met up with Foxy for a lap at Lebanon on Saturday evening. As always, the hospitality at Aunt Alane's was fantastic...thanks for putting us up and feeding us Alane and Dick!

Trent had recently purchased a Garmin GPS unit before this trip. It was most excellent. Search for where you want to go...and you're there. It got us to a Quizno's in no time.

Foxy had asked a few blog posts ago about my old, rusted out Trek 970 bike. Well, recently the flood-damaged rear wheel had been making some weird noises, so I decided that some upgrades were in order. Here is the updated 970 singlespeed, in all its glory:
New Bontrager SS cranks and ISIS BB. Bashguard included!
New Bontrager Race SS rear wheel.
I had an Easton carbon bar sitting around, so that replaced the solid aluminum bar that was on there. Also got the Salsa Pepperjack grips, bell, and headlight for those rides at night around town.
Rusty welds = scary.
This weekend Heather and I will probably be doing some more yard work or something. She did an excellent job last weekend planting the garden and some flowers. We'll have corn this year! On Sunday I have another WORS mtb race, this one in Wausau, the same course as 24-9 later this year. I haven't had the best luck in Wausau for WORS races (in 2006 I flatted out and last year I had to DNF due to extreme chainsuck), so hopefully things go better for me this year.

5 comments:

Robb Lunak said...

Brian, I was thinking that I haven't really talked to you since like Andy's wedding. So next time you come to Fargo you need to stop by or call me. 4432 48th st s 701-610-1798

Anal Out

Cycling Scribe said...

That was some awesome riding and festivities in the cities. We will do it again I promise. It'll feel like dejavu.

G-reg said...

The rust adds stiffness and vertical compliance. While helping stability and nimble-ness.

Simmons said...

You guys must be so dirty after all that "riding" :)

Justin Fox said...

So you guys wound up at the Vu huh? I knew I should have went with you.

How has the bottom bracket of that 970 frame not failed yet??? I remember you talking about being nervous about the rust like 5 years ago?