Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Bike = Happy Dad

I had a fun, but short, trip back home to ND this past weekend. Since I won't be able to be home for Father's Day in a few weeks, Tonia and I decided to give Dad his gift early. We gave him a Trek 7.2 FX hybrid. Here he is enjoying it:

We all hung out and played around Fargo on Saturday. Trent and Tonia's work on their house continues. It's looking good. I also got some new tires for REO Speedwagon while I was in town, as my stock tires were getting well worn. Vino comforted me while I was shelling out loads of money for my new tread.

Luxury ride and smooth performance. Sweetness.

I visited with Brandon and Gillian while passing thru the Cities as well. It's been a few years since I saw them last...much too long. Their new house is really nice with a kick ass master suite upstairs. On Memorial Day, Dr. Andy and Dr. Becca stopped by with Brooks and Mary. The pair of doctors are preparing to move to Ohio in a few weeks. Craziness.

Willa is an expert hunter of voles. She's caught three that we've seen. Today she killed one right in front of us. She's lightning quick when she spots one...they don't stand a chance. The other day she caught a squirrel.

Tomorrow after work Heather and I are going to a Milwaukee Brewers game with the Ascend UK bloke. Should be fun. This weekend I have a 40 mile mountain bike race and Heather has her first tri of the season. Time for her to put the Equinox thru its paces!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a belly button

~Lane

Anonymous said...

Where are the white-walls??

Anonymous said...

Such new and shiney tires....mmmm

I think you could market Willa's vole hunting skills. Many people would pay to be rid of the rodents in their yard.... I think Alane would be first in line.

Jerseys???

Simmons said...

Looking good Brian. Too bad we didn't get out for a ride. Maybe next time. Good luck this weekend!

Have you or Brooks heard anything from the jersey company? They should have an order tracking service like when you ship a package. That would be awesome :)

Brian said...

I have a belly button too. Heather likes to pick at it.

No white walls! The Subie isn't cool enough. :(

Willa the money-maker. Interesting...

What jerseys?? :D

G-reg said...

I recently got rid of the crappy OE tires on the Suby too. Good riddance.

Justin Fox said...

Thanks for stopping by to see me when you were in the cities! It was really great to see you again. Oh wait.....

Brian said...

My apologies, Foxy.

But no worries, we'll have plenty of time to catch up during 24hr of Afton. :)

G-reg said...

Oh yea, I forgot to email you back. But I'm not going to be able to go to Afton : (