Monday, May 14, 2007

A Glimpse of a Ride

Hello all. We had a very productive weekend here getting stuff done in the backyard with Auntie Alane and Uncle Dick. Looks so much better. Heather will be posting pics of the "new-and-improved backyard" in a few days.

Here's some pics from a loop that I ride quite frequently. I use it as a 20 mile TT ride to gauge my progress thru the season. The change in pavement color is the start/finish.
I pass a nice little marsh along the way.
The ride features a lot of rolling hills, and two good climbs. Here is the first one, which is decently long for around here. This climb is good for hill repeats.
The best thing about riding in WI is the seemingly endless amount of backcountry roads that feature no center-line, no shoulders, and best of all, no cars.
The second climb. This one is much shorter, but also much steeper. It pitches up nicely once you get into the trees.
Turnaround at the cow farm. Halfway done!
My pasty white legs can't hide the beauty of the Merckx. :)
The worst thing about riding in WI? The humidity.
Two races coming up this weekend. A road race on Sat and a mtb race on Sun. Fun times.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must really be out of the loop; when did you get a Merckx?

Simmons said...

Those roads look nice and smooth. Just like your legs :)

Anonymous said...

I would expect the legs to be all blurry from movement in that pic. Your not pushing yourself enough, Brian.

Brian said...

I got the Merckx back in Feb...way to keep on top of things, Nathan. ;)

The roads and my legs are very similar, except for the roads have some color to them.

I was actually pedaling when that pic was taken. Maybe if I pedaled above 150 RPM they would be more blurry. :)

Lars said...

Did I ride on any of those roads?

Brian said...

We rode on the road where the start/finish and marsh is (right next to the quarry). But we went straight where I turn for my TT route.

D-Lo said...

My compliments on a stellar blog post.

D-Lo said...

...and of course a stellar set o' gams

Simmons said...

How'd your races go this weekend?