Monday, April 16, 2007

No more Snow

Our latest snowfall only lasted a few days, and this weekend the temps were in the 50s/60s, so the snow all disappeared. The roads were clear as well, so Heather and I went out for a little ride and she rode her Equinox tri bike for the first time. We'll have to do a couple of minor adjustments, but other than that she liked it.

I'm finalizing my race calendar for the coming season now, and it looks like it will be a fun season. Lots of mountain and cross races, and as many road races as I can get in around here. Then there's Chequamegon (Simmons and I got our applications accepted again!), 24hr Afton team, and 24-9 National Champs. Fun fun.

Last night a short-handed Team Gray took to the ice once again, as only 9 skaters showed up. It worked out alright though, as that enabled us to have 2 forward lines and 3 defensemen rotate. In the end, the lack of players didn't hurt us, as we handed Team White a good old-fashioned ass kicking, 11-1.

I enjoyed all the extra playing time, and ended the night with 3 goals and 1 assist. That win means that if we beat Team Orange next week, we will advance to the championship game.

2 comments:

Simmons said...

"24 Hour National Champs"? Does that mean that your gonna do the National Champ category?

Way to go on kicking Pat's Team White again! He must be devastated :)

Brian said...

Nope. Gonna stick with the Solo Freak men category. Unless you want to pay for my NORBA license...then I'll do it.

I'm sure he is. :)