Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bikes and Blizzards

Busy last few days of work at the house getting ready for the Great Tiling Event next weekend. Heather's parents came to help us out this weekend, and we got all new subfloor put in the areas where we will be putting the new ceramic tile. A huge thanks to them for all the help! Heather said that she is going to update her blog with some new pics soon.

In cycling-related news, I highly recommend that all Team Brown Bear members head over to the Team Blog to check out the latest update. :)

In other cycling news, I put the finishing touches on my new road bike, an Eddy Merckx Premium sloping frameset. Full Easton Scandium tubing with an all-carbon fork. Yowzer. I can't wait to ride it!!

With the high temps of last week, the vast majority of our snow was gone. You could see the grass. People were out and about with no coats on. Well, that all changed this weekend. Here's a pic of our driveway. Where's our mailbox?

Another thing...having to shovel all this crap at 2 houses really, really sucks. If anyone has an extra snowblower, we would be more than happy to take it off your hands. :)

Important game tonight. #1 vs #2 in the league. Team Blue still had just the one loss on the season (to none other than Team Gray). Well, that all changed tonight when we steam-rolled over them with a 6-3 win. It was a fun, fast-skating game. I ended up with 2 goals and 1 assist, with one of my goals being a short-handed goal. I didn't really have to work too hard for either goal, as both were the result of great passes from teammates that left me wide open in front of the net. That win leaves us only 1 point behind Team Blue in the standings with 4 games left in the regular season...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking bike Brian! I hope the weather is getting out of the way so we don't see it on our drive this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Eddy #2 looks like a blue killing machine. I see the snow melts in fear when Eddy is out.
Snowblowers, I may have a nice used one for you, priced nicely in Eau Claire, if you can wait out the winter. Delivery might even be possible, but unknown at the moment.

Brian said...

Trent- I looked at the weather forecast for the next week, and it looks like temps will be in the 30s with some occasional flurries. But knowing your history with travel to WI, we should be prepared for another blizzard. :)

Pat- The Eddy built up nicely; I am really happy with it. Thanks for your help! Are your parents looking to get rid of their snowblower? If so, Heather and I would be happy to take that off their hands...

Simmons said...

Great update on the TBB blog! I can't wait to actually wear those jerseys.

Very nice bike Brian! What are you going to do with your TREK frame? Why the change?

Shoveling makes for good training. It's easy for me to say that since I live in an apartment :)

GO TEAM GRAY!

Brian said...

Shoveling is only good training for developing toned arms. :)

With the bike, I have been wanting to get back to an aluminum frame for a few years now since having all-carbon bikes with the Giant and Trek. I look forward to getting back to a nice, stiff frame. :)

Lars said...

That bike should be stiffer that Brooks when he was a volleyball manager.

Brian said...

I hope it's not THAT stiff. :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are sick.

My knowledge of bikes is so limited that I can only comment on the color. It is pretty and blue.

Brooks Leedahl said...

aahh..volleyball.

Justin Fox said...

The merckx looks sick mang.

G-reg said...

How's the fit and finish on the Eddie, I've never actually checked one out. And we in the harsh Alumoniuminanm world knew you would come back.

Brian said...

I'm not sure on the fit yet, but it looks like I should be able to get it almost exact to how I was positioned on the Madone. The finish is nice...purdy.

I guess I knew I'd be back eventually too... :)

Anonymous said...

HI,
Any chance your interested in getting rid of the Eddy Merckx, let me know.
Michael in Grafton,wi.
michael @ eckerenvelope . com