Monday, February 12, 2007

Bike Fun and a Hatty

Hello all. This is it. The week is upon us. The bank amended the purchase price of the house to include a credit for the roof replacement, and we are now set to close on our house this Thursday. Holy crap. Heather and I are pretty excited, even though we won't move into it until March 15th or April 1st. Lots of work will need to be done between now and then. Heather will keep everyone updated with the work being done on her blog.

In other good news for Heather, she made it past the first step of getting into the radiology tech program at UW. Now she has a test tomorrow, essentially to prove that she is human and has a brain. We'll see what the results say. :) The next step after that will be an interview with the heads of the program. She won't find out if she gets in or not until May though...

The work on Heather's new tri bike is now complete. It turned out really well.
Closeup of the handlebar. Check out how huge the headtube is! And the aero top tube/downtube!
Here it is in full race mode, with the flashy Cosmic Carbone wheels.
And here are my new "race" cross wheels. Dr Bakke is buying my Mavic Helium's, so I built up a pimpy new wheelset: White Industries LTA hubset, Velocity Fusion rims, DT Revolution spokes. Fast, uber light, and stiff.

After our one-week Super Bowl break, Team Gray took to the ice against last placed Team Green last night, and kicked some butt, winning 8-2. I got my first hat trick of the season, and ended the game with 3 goals and 1 assist. We now have a 4 point lead over 3rd place with 6 games left in the regular season before the playoffs start.

6 comments:

Simmons said...

Congrats on the house, the bike and the wheels. That's a hat trick in it self :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the procuring of you new house

G-reg said...

Congrats on the house, I bet there's been an increase in the airtime of the Home and Garden channel/TLC/Bob Vila's This Old House/etc.

No, I appreciate it, but I told my wife
I wouldn't drink tonight.

Besides, I've got a big day tomorrow.
But you guys have a great time.

A big day? Doing what?

Well, actually,
pretty nice little Saturday.

We're going to Home Depot.

Buy some wallpaper,
maybe get some flooring.

Stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath
and Beyond, I don't know.


I don't know if we'll have enough time.

G-reg said...

Oh and why the White hubs?

Brian said...

What have you got against White Ind. hubs? ;)

Got a good deal on them on ebay, brand new.

G-reg said...

That's as good a reason as any. I just found a new Avid Ultimate V brake for 25.00(retail 90+)yessss. So you can't get your hands on any of the nice Bonty labeled Hugi stuff?