Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trip back home and Birthday Boy!

Made it back from my trip to GFND in one piece. Spent a lot of time at the bike shop getting them setup and trained with Ascend. They went live with the system on Saturday! It's about time they got rid of that 20 year old DOS-based computer system. ;)

Had a good time visiting with family and friends as well. Went to a Sioux hockey game, Paradiso, Hub, got some fun biking in at TRSP with the gang (the new singletrack is nice!), and watched plenty of HGTV with the family. :) Had a nice tailwind coming home and got hella-good gas mileage...made it all the way from GF to past Eau Claire before I filled up!

Today is a day of celebration. First, it is my one year anniversary working at Trek. Second, I had my annual review and got a raise. Third, and most important, it is Vontoux's birthday! Our little son turned 2 today. They grow up so fast. Here is a pic of him and his proud mother, as he waits to play with his two new toys...a weird squeaky hedgehog named Spike and a rawhide.

This weekend is the second cross race of the season, and Heather said that she is going to race! Exciting. She is going to kick some butt. One of my co-workers got us tickets to the UW/UND hockey game on Fri as well, so we are going to that. Should be a good time.

If you haven't noticed yet, Brooks and I started a team here in WI, Team Brown Bear. The jerseys are being professionally designed by my lovely sister, so watch out for them at next year's races. We will be taking applications for race roster spots this off-season. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to apply for a roster spot. I know I'm inexperienced compared to the pros on Team Brown Bear, but I think I can handle it :) I'm organizing a "team" as well. Team Brown Bear is more than welcome to join ;)

Brian said...

You can't apply for a roster spot on my blog, that must be done on the team website. ;)

And we won't open up registration for roster spots until we get the jersey deal finalized.

Scotty J said...

My joining hinges on the jersey if I don't like it i'm out. also i suck at riding so you may not want me anyways

Anonymous said...

How was the hockey game?

Brian said...

Good stuff.

Sioux win 3-2 in OT. :)

Anonymous said...

Race report?