Sunday, March 26, 2006

What a day

Hello all. Today I took the Madone on its maiden voyage in the hills surrounding the town of Waterloo. Rode with one of my co-workers. It was a cold, cloudy day, made even colder by the wind. But it was a fun ride anyway...we headed out not knowing how long we were going to ride for...and ended up going for a 3.5 hour jaunt. We were flying on the way out, but crawling on the way back, as the winds picked up and it started to lightly rain/sleet. I was impressed with the amount of rolling hills in the area, made for a very good ride.

I love the frame. Handles very well. It is a little bit longer than my Giant was, but it still felt very comfortable in the hoods and drops. It feels stiffer in the BB area than the Giant. Not that the Giant flexed much anyway, but I didn't feel any movement at all in the BB on the Madone while sprinting/climbing.
We followed up the ride with some excellent burritos at a restuarant in Marshall. :)

Tonight the Sioux took on Holy Cross in the NCAA west regional at the Ralph. HC beat the Gophers in OT last night, and they played very well again tonight, but the Sioux were too much for them, winning 5-2. So the Sioux are heading to the Frozen Four for the second year in a row! And even better is that it is in Milwaukee this year, and I have my tickets already.

Looks like Simmons and I got into the Chequamegon 40 race as well, since I noticed today that they cashed my check. Good day all around. :)

5 comments:

Simmons said...

Vontoux looks buff. So does your Madone :)

Lane said...

I like burritos.

Brooks Leedahl said...

were the "excellent burritos" cheesy bean and rice burritos from Taco Bell?
I feel guilty paying only $0.99 for one.

Brian said...

No, they were chicken and rice burritos from some 'authentic' mexican place. Very good and quite girthy.

Anonymous said...

hee hee, you said girth!
:~0