Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Year of the Cat

Well alright, so I don't actually know if it is the Year of the Cat, but maybe it is and we can all listen to the Al Stewart classic together in harmony.

Not much new here. Heather and I had a relaxing New Year's Eve at home, away from the hustle and bustle of the Madison nightlife. Was sad watching Dick Clark, he has really gone downhill since his stroke... It is still unseasonably warm here (highs in the upper 30s), which really sucks for hockey. Hopefully it cools down soon.

I had a physical last week; being that I am now insured, I might as well take advantage. The nurse put out some SurgiLube and a glove, and I was very worried that I was going to have a 'backdoor' exam, but fortunately for me, the doctor didn't go that route. Although I did have to do the whole 'look left and cough' routine. :) I also had him check out a mole on my back (he said it was an ABC mole for you medically knowledgable types). He said it wasn't cancerous, but he advised me to have it taken off anyway, so later on this month he is going to do that. Fun times. He was also amazed at the size of my tonsils. ;)

In the next couple of weeks I also have a dentist and an eye appt. Taking care of all of them in one month to get it over with.

In other news, I will have been with Trek for 3 months on Jan 10th. Which means one thing....I will soon be able to order bikes/frames! Looks like the 9.9's will be available mid-month, so perhaps that will be my first purchase.

11 comments:

G-reg said...

Yes, nice to mole you. Meet you! Nice to meet your mole. Don't say mole. I said mole. I can joke because I should probably get a few freak-freckles checked out myself.

Brooks Leedahl said...

I had Andy cut a mole off tuberow once.

Anonymous said...

Moley, moley. Glad to hear you're being inspected and picked over by someone other than Heather! Have fun with the tonsils... evidently we both should have had them removed as youngsters. Been playing on my slideboard. My legs are feeling it. First half-marathon in June. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Birdy should take care of those tonsils for you. Just put her sweater on and let her go!

Justin Fox said...

I'd like to take care of Trent's tonsils, mmmmmm.

Lars said...

This is an open offer to remove all moles and soon I will also be offering tonsillectomy. Sorry but I only deal in the orifices of the head.

Brian said...

Will you give me a good discount on a tonsillectomy?

I might take you up on that offer one day.

Brooks Leedahl said...

I just found out 2006 is the year of the dog. It turns out there is no year of the cat. who knew!? there is a tiger though, in which case we have to wait until 2010.

Brian said...

Al Stewart lied to us all?

Scotty J said...

I agree with you on the vino, basso, ullrich deal umm... i was wondering is the kid from Lampre Cunego going to be racing it, and good luck with the mole and the bike deals ummmm 9.9 (drool noise)

Brian said...

I guess I hadn't heard if Cunego is going to race the Tour or not. I would assume that he is racing the Giro for sure.

He could be a candidate for a Top 5 finish in Paris.