Thursday, January 19, 2006

Skyrocket's in flight....afternoon delight

Hello all. Not too much new around here lately. We might actually be getting some snow this weekend according to the weather people. We'll see if they are correct, as we do not have any right now. Heather and I were talking about heading to a ski resort, Tyrol Basin, that is about 15 min from our house. Apparently the temps have been cold enough for them to continue making snow. So hopefully sometime in the next few weeks we will head there after work for some night skiing/snowboarding.

Found a clip online of an amazing hockey goal scored by Alexander Ovechkin this past Mon. Watch it, it's unbelievable. He's actually on his back with his stick over his head and he still manages to get the shot off. It's a little blurry on the first part, but the slow-motion replays show him maintaining control of the puck when he gets knocked down. Incredible.

Riding has been going pretty well. Trying to mix up riding both outside and on the trainer so that I don't get bored riding inside. I've been reading alot on the trainer. Heather got me the Chronicles of Narnia 7-book series as a present, and I'm on book 5 so far. I like kids books, since they are at my maturity level. :)

I bought a Craftsman circular saw from Sears a few days ago. That will be fun. Now just watch me cut off a few of my fingers.

And I will admit it. I am jealous of Vino's Pugsley. Word around the street is that a certain bike company from Wisconsin will be coming out with a carbon SS frame in the next few years. I saw one floating around the Tech area. It looked cool as hell. No word yet on an adventure frame though.

7 comments:

Simmons said...

That goal is unbelieveable! Never give up. Too bad you can't be at the outdoor rinks there trying to recreate it. What are you going to do with a saw? Did TREK take their track bike out of the catalog? I thought I saw it online earlier, but now it's gone. Keep pushing for a lightweight carbon adventure frame. I know I'd buy one. Later.

Brooks Leedahl said...

I saw that goal the other night on sports center. It looks at first like he just got lucky and threw the puck toward the goal, but the more you look at it, it seems he had complete control of the puck the entire time. amazing.

I was helping Dennis Jones build his deck, and watched him cut his finger off with a circular saw. He was pissed.

Brian said...

I will cut things with the saw. :)

The track bike is still on Dexter, in the triathlon bike order grid. Not sure when it will be available. I would settle for an aluminum adventure frame.

Chris Jones would come in the shop every now and then. I would laugh and remember him hanging around your old neighborhood.

Lane said...

That goal sucks! It has nothing on charlie conways triple deek. It was a good goal, but when people call it the most amazing goal ever, that is an overstatement. It was an instinctive goal. I think the coolest goal i've seen in hockey is that goal where the guy is behind the net, picks the puck up with his stick, and just puts it in the net from behind.

Also what about the old knucklepuck?

Brian said...

Lane- you're thinking of this goal:

http://www.extremesportclips.com/viewvideo.php?vid=408&sec=mr

What makes that goal even sweeter was that it was scored against the Minnesota Gophers. :)

Scotty J said...

Hey man yeah i dont know how to post pics but if you tell me there will be one asap. Also, I like your little ski hill, today I went skiing and we had like 25 inches of fresh powder it was awesome my buddy Jordan and I were hucking mass cliffs cuz thats what we do in Montana whoo hooo!!!!!!!!

Lars said...

I have a comment and a question. First, ScottyJ and the Laneman are two peas in a pod. They should have buttbabies. Second, what is an adventure bike?