Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Job??

No, not for me! For Heather! She found out the other day that the Madison zoo (Henry Vilas Zoo) is currently hiring for a zookeeper. Needless to say, she is quite excited. She already has her application all ready to go. It's a really nice zoo, we went there last year with Heather's parents. It's a free zoo as well since it is county owned and the Vilas dude donated all the money to fund it. It is much bigger and has more selection of cool animals than the zoo that she worked at in PA. To top it all off, it has killer wages and benefits. Heather would once again be the primary bread winner in the family! (I think that means that I can start working part-time again...I'm just kidding Joyce) So everyone cross your fingers for Heather!

I had an eye appt this morning. My contact prescription is unchanged once again. It has been the same since I was in 10th or 11th grade. That's neat. It is supposed to be in the 40s next week here in WI. So much for the outdoor hockey season.

I would also like to welcome two new people into the world of blogging. Robb Lunak and Scotty Johnson (Mary's bro). Robb is a 25yr old Aries who loves trains and long walks on the beach. He enjoys the little things in life, like his dog. Scotty is a Pittsburgh sports fan and part of the amazing Johnson clan. He enjoys throwing up out of vans while wearing his Sunday best.

A big congrats goes out to Justin (Foxy!!) and Sara who announced their engagement a few days ago! First Greg, then Dave, then Fox. Who's next? Probably Squez. ;)

Good luck to all the people trying to get new jobs right now as well. Heather with her zoo job. Brooks with his paramedic job in CO. Greg with his pilot job in Fargo. If you vote for Pedro If you get them, your wildest dreams will come true. :)

Talk to you all later.

7 comments:

Scotty J said...

touche on the puke my man. I will have to get you back I dont know how but I will. Check your break cables on your bike you never know accident happen. muahhhhh. Oh and good luck to heather with the job.

Lane said...

Way to go Heather! Maybe someday you can see Padme and make her do the crazy paw things that Kelsey did.

Go the Distance

Lars said...

There is no one more qualified to care for the precious fuzzy creatures of the world then Heather. I will write a letter of reference noting the fine care shown to a certain bird with special needs.

Anonymous said...

Looks like ALL your friends are getting FORMALLY ENGAGED!

Brian said...

Yeah, I may be next in line. I guess all that I am waiting for is for Heather to pop the big question... :)

Simmons said...

Good luck Heather! Hang in there Brian. You got at least a couple years if you go by Fox and I. :)

Scotty J said...

Pam and Sid why not? and yes the pens will be stacked next year I really hope obviously that they will have a new arena plan and they keep Marc Andre-Fleury in the net he is a free agent.