Saturday, October 29, 2005

Finished bike shop, almost finished cross bike




Today I put the finishing touches on the bike shop; went to Menards and got some shop rags and some heavy duty Lava soap. :) Looks pretty good, I like how it is setup. The XO-1 is all ready to go for tomorrow's race in Milwaukee. Still haven't put the blk/wht hbar tape on it, but that can wait. The weather tomorrow looks to be pretty nice with highs in the 60s, so it should be a good day for racing.

I found out this week that I will have to miss the State Cross champs here in SP because I am going to Washington DC for work the week of Nov 13-20. We have a 4-store dealer there with some huge database problems, so we have to go and try to figure it out for them. I won't be back until later on Sun afternoon, so I will have to miss the race. That sucks, would have been a good time (especially since it is right here in town), but seeing the software work in a real store environment will be good experience for me. At least I will be able to figure out the cross class I should be racing in tomorrow so that I can race the full cross season next year.

Here are some pics of the completed bike shop and a couple of the XO-1 (one with the pimpy gold wheels and one with the cross wheels).


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ranger Steve called and wants his sign back...thanks

Anonymous said...

When is your bike shop open for business?

Brian said...

When talking to Ranger Steve, remember to always look at his left eye....

Bike shop is ready for business now. I guess Trek has a mechanic list that you can get on so that you can build other employee's bikes if they don't know how. Might do that.

Anonymous said...

Whilst in VA you should visit the royalty, such as the VA SS championship...runner up.

Anonymous said...

What's this XO crap, where's Jake

Brian said...

Yeah, how far are you from DC, Greg? Maybe we can get together one of the nights that I am there...

Congrats on the runner-up finish! It's the flames on the Klein that make you so fast. Jake went bye-bye when I got the job at Trek, now the X0-1 has the Jake parts.

Lane said...

I bet you have some nice shoes. If I think hard enough I bet I can remember my first shoes.....mama said they were my magic shoes and they could take me anywhere.