Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A few day's worth...

The last few days have been pretty busy. Picked Heather up on Sat night in Madison. She had fun visiting her parents and new little nephew. On Sun we essentially finished my basement bike shop. Looks pretty nice, put the pegboard up and got an area rug for it. I will post a pic of that soon for you all to envy.

On Tues Heather had an interview at UW for a primate caretaker. She thought it went well, now she is just waiting to hear back for the 2nd part of the interview. I left work early that day to go to the DMV and get my license, title, and plates. Fun times were had with all the crazies that were there.

Heather came to Trek today to eat lunch with me and to get a tour of the plant. I'm not much of a tour guide, but Heather thought it was fun nonetheless. She got to touch some of Lance's bikes, and she smelled his seat. She said it smelled like broiled onions. I also was manning the phone lines for the first time when I got back from lunch. Went pretty well, wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be. So that's good to have that out of the way.

This weekend Heather and I are going to Milwaukee for a day of cyclocross fun. Went for a ride around town tonight, checked out the park/speedway where the state champs will be held. It's all barb-wire fenced up, so pre-riding it appears to be out of the question. My X0-1 is all ready to go, still have to put the blk/wht hbar tape on it, but that can wait. I will post some pics of that soon as well.

Vontoux is suffering from some sort of ear infection. Heather is treating it well, using her vast knowledge of the canine ear. And Birdie is still being stupid, clucking up a storm. She will die very soon if she keeps it up.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Brian, man, there is not a day that goes by and I don't cry myself to sleep missing you......Heidi thinks it is kinda strange since I dont show these kind of emotions towards her...she just doesn't understand man!

PS - I"m having fun corrupting the minds of 15 2nd graders at Century Elementary......talk about reverse sexism....I'm the only guy in the lunch room....women are worse than men when it comes to, well, discussing the oppisite sex.....I'm enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian -
I'll try this again. I did it the correct way this morning, but nothing happened. Here goes again.
As I said, your blog is most impressive. Great way to know how things are going for you. Take care.

Lane said...

ease his pain