Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pimpiness

Two new things: So I guess I am in a bowling league. Trek has an employee bowling league every Wed night at Stubby's in Waterloo, and I am on a team with two of my co-workers. I suck at bowling, but it's a good time for a couple hours after work. Heather's parents are coming to visit us this weekend. I'm not sure what the plans are, but I'm sure we'll all find something fun to do.

Here are some pics of the completed P1 Sioux bike. It is an 09 Trek 6.9 Pro carbon frameset with most of the parts off the Eddy (7800 Dura-Ace) and Sarthe (hbar, pedals, stem). It did get a new (old) Flite, bottle cages, and wheels though. The Sarthe frameset will get sold (no more LeMond's at work anymore!) and the Eddy will be getting shiny new Dura-Ace 7900. Should be getting that shortly.


It rides nice and smooth! You can definitely feel the difference with the carbon soaking up alot of the road vibration, plus it is probably about a half pound lighter than the Eddy. There's absolutely no flex in that massive headtube. I do still think the Eddy has a stiffer BB (even with the 90mm BB width on the Trek), but some of that might be due to the carbon "dead" feeling when compared to the instant power transfer of aluminum. Regardless, the Eddy will still be my race bike, as it just feels fast all the time. The Trek, however, would be my choice if I ever happen to do a Grand Tour...which might happen when all the current pros are caught doping. :)

There are two more cross races this weekend...one in Verona (just out of Madison) and one of my favorite WCA courses at Gibbs Lake outside of Janesville.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bike looks a lot more "pimpier" in person... glad it's all finished. I'm sad to say I haven't ridden my new bike since I brought it home.
Hi to Heathrow's 'rents for me. :)

Justin Fox said...

So now they won't even let you have a lemond in the office?? That's harsh.

Brian said...

Tonia, you better get on that bike...only 11 months until the trip!!

Foxy, people still have LeMond's in the office, but since I got the new bike I have no need for my Sarthe anymore...so it's being sold. :)

Simmons said...

I too am in a bowling league this year. A big 130 average so far :)

Brian said...

Nice, Vino!
We must be similar bowlers. My avg right now is 128, but my high game is a 158. I'm the crappiest guy on my team. :)

Simmons said...

I'm also the crappiest. 163 high game though. Our best guy on the first night had a 300 going into the 10th frame and blew it. Ended up with a 279! I'm hoping for a 200 by the end of the season. Did you buy your own ball and shoes?

Brian said...

You're a better crappy bowler than me! There's no way that I'll get a 200...I'll just hope for a 175 or something.

No ball or shoes for me. The rental shoes are only $1, so I'll just use those. You?

Simmons said...

I bought my own shoes and ball. Shoes are $3 here so I'll pay my shoes off pretty quick. My ball has made a difference in consistency. Also I don't have to run around sticking my thumbs in the house balls.

How'd the cx races go this last weekend?