Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lake Fun

We made it back from North Dakota in one piece, despite lengthy detours around I-94 in WI due to the flooding. The interstate was closed for over 40 miles right out of Madison, so on the journey to ND on Friday we had to take a bunch of backroads before getting on I-90 through Rochester and then up to the Cities. It added about 2 hours to our already long trip. On the way back, the interstate was finally open again (even though the signs kept saying that it was closed...good thing we actually kept driving to find out the truth).

On Friday night we hung out with T&T (and Jordan & Mario) before embarking on the Garmin-led drive to Union Lake early Saturday morning. It was a nice day at the lake...we took a leisurely loop around the lake on dad's new pontoon, played some ladder golf, and had a delicious feast of steaks, burgers, and pasta. We took off for home on Sunday (with a quick stop in the Cities to visit A&D). It was a fun trip, but like always, felt much too short. I need to take a month off from work or something...I wonder if they would mind? :)

Enjoying myself on the lake.
Check out these happy campers! :D
Tonia and I both fit in the "changing room".
Trent, on the other hand, looks more suspicious...and naked.
This weekend I am planning on racing another WORS race in Suamico...it's a marathon mtb race, so it will be 36 miles or something like that. Hopefully it's dried up from all the recent rain and hopefully I don't bonk because of the race distance.

4 comments:

Simmons said...

It would've been funny to see you push Trent overboard in that changing room :)

Good Luck this weekend. If you bonk, I think you should seriously think about retiring from mountain biking :)

Brian said...

Whatever RedAss 300 boy. ;)

Robb Lunak said...

Hey Brian, when are you going to be in the area next, because we were at my parents lake that day. We could of met up somewhere. Missed you by that much. Let me know.

Brian said...

Hey Robb-
I'm not sure when we will be back in ND next. Probably in a couple months sometime.
Where is your parent's lake cabin?