Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mother Nature

So Brooks and I didn't do the road race last Saturday. The weather was 25 degrees with rain/snow and 30mph winds at the race site, so it wouldn't have been fun to drive 4 hours each way to race for 3 hours in that crap.

The hockey season ended on a good note for Team Green, as we beat Team White 5-3 in the "Toilet Bowl Game" for 5th place. I scored one goal and got two assists in the win. It was disappointing to finish in 5th place (out of 6 teams) after we led the league for so many weeks, but we'll be back next season. :)

I debated playing in the summer hockey league as well, but decided against it being that with biking, trips, etc that it would get to be too much.

Heather will be gone from Saturday to Tuesday visiting her family in MI, so it is just the kids and I. She found a pretty cheap roundtrip ticket from Madison, so that makes it easy.

There are two races this weekend...a road race in Baraboo, WI on Saturday and a mtb race in Iola, WI on Sunday. I plan on doing the road race for sure, and then possibly the mtb race as well if I'm not too tired out from the previous days race.

3 comments:

Simmons said...

Did you make it to this weekends races :)

Brian said...

Just the road race. Got 11th, which I guess isn't too bad for my first Cat 3 race. I'll blog about it in the next couple days.

tonia said...

Good job Brian! I'm also glad to hear that some progress was made on the house while Heather was away.