Friday, January 18, 2008

Trent's Real World

Hello all. Long time no bloggie. And then Trent called me out via email. So here we go. This will just be a random post.

I don't think that my Lemond Sarthe has made an appearance on my blog yet:
I got it last summer to ride at work. I got sick of bringing my bike back and forth to work. So it sits in my cubicle and I ride it for the lunch rides. It has a buttery smooth ride...steel is real (as they say). I brought it home so that I could ride it on the trainer this winter and let the Eddy rest up for the upcoming season.

New tools are the coolest. The basement bike shop is slowly getting updated with new goodies. The latest additions - a vise, bench grinder, and air compressor.
I plan on getting a brad nailer sometime soon so that I can use my air compressor to put down baseboard. We'll have a lot of that to do once we finish painting everything.

The little TV that we had downstairs stopped working. So we moved the one from our bedroom downstairs and got a different one for the bedroom. Now we have a nice TV to watch while working out in the basement.
Also, check out the middle shelf in the tv stand. Heck yeah that's an original Nintendo system! I played some Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt last night. :)

Does something look different here:
I bet it had been many years since the last time I had broken a stick. And now I've broken two in the past month. My green stick got slashed in the last hockey game and it shattered instantly. Crazy. We won 6-5, so that made it better I guess. I got that CCM Vector as a replacement...it is a one-piece composite stick instead of the separate shaft & blade stick. I've never had one of those before; hopefully it lasts longer. It seems they don't make a decent wood or aluminum stick anymore.

Some closeups. Makes me scared to ride carbon bike components. :)
That's all. Hopefully everyone has a good weekend. We'll have to bundle up here, it's going to be cold.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, nice pics.... did you take them with your new camera? Crazy on the stick action, I know those aren't cheap. Maybe you have the tools to fix them now. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the basement shop, and I notice you too are going to Tool Shop route. Good choice

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Brian. Your post has brought me back to reality. Nice work on the Nintendo, those are the best! Video gaming reached it's peak with that system.

Brian said...

New camera is awesome. :)
Yeah, I'll just epoxy those sticks back together. Good as new!

Hey Nathan. Tool Shop tools are cheap and seem to be durable & reliable. Can't go wrong with that.

Glad to bring you back to reality in Fargo Trent. NES, baby! I just bought Blades of Steel for $1 on ebay. :)

G-reg said...

I prefer Harbor Freight for my dangerously cheap tools. You need an old computer down there too. That way you can properly simulate a real bike shop, complete with useless shop guy surfing the internet.

Lars said...

I am afraid my bros have gone through a number of brittle one piece sticks. I like good old wood myself.

Lars said...

That Sarthe is tight.

Dave said...

Brain...I saw the movie 'Juno' last night and could not help but think of you....the cross country runners in their short shorts and their bulging pork sticks....LOL...you need to go see it, all you all need to go see it!

Justin Fox said...

Bout time you got another steel bike. That set of Pedro's screwdrivers looks mighty familiar...