Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pregame

It's nice to wind down from the craziness that is Trek World. All those hours in one week, and then you still have to go back to work on Monday. It was good seeing Pat and Andrew from the SBS and catching up on all the latest shop info. Heather and I will be heading back to GF over Labor Day weekend...it's been awhile since I've been home, so I'm excited.

Non-stop rain (with some huge storms) has made things in WI very...wet. Lots of towns were completely flooded out, and almost everyone had water in their basement. We were no exception:

We can be thankful that we just had a bit of seepage though, as some people from work had a foot deep pool in their lower level. My bike shop carpet remnants got wet, so those are outside hanging on the deck until they dry out.

Afton is this weekend. I'm looking forward to taking it easy and keeping my knee fresh for the rest of the season. My goal is to do a whopping 3-5 laps, depending on how it feels...quite the change of pace being that my best is 15 laps there. Might be fun to just chill.

I didn't get a frame from the warranty dept in time, so I decided to take matters into my own hands for this weekend. My solution: 3 layers of electrical tape should do nicely. :)
Hopefully it holds up! I also put on my new Mythos tires. The difference it made in tire clearance was amazing:
Heather and Mary are going to the Chicago Triathlon this weekend, so hopefully both of them do well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck at Afton. Hopefully your chain stay will make it 5 laps. Is the warranty dept. going to help you out?

Lars said...

Not that I want you to get hurt but it would be cool if your frame suffered an explosive catasrophic failure.

Brian said...

TBB redemption! Full post to follow... :)

The warranty dept will help me out...it's just up in the air as to how much and what frame I will get.

Sorry, no catastrophic failure, it held up like a champ.