Monday, August 06, 2007

2008 Goal

Hello all. I didn't race the WORS race this weekend. I decided to take the weekend off...rest my knees up a little more and to just relax with Heather. We don't get many weekends to just chill during the summer, so it was nice being able to hang out, especially being that it was rainy for most of the weekend. Speaking of my knees, Dr. Heather determined that I have Patellar Tendinitis. I compared the measurements on my road bike and mtb to see if they were off, and they were actually spot on with each other, so I doubt that is the problem. My guess is that I messed them up a little bit in France last year from riding so many miles up those climbs, and that makes them easier to aggravate when I do the long miles during 24hr races. It appears that the treatment for it consists of icing them for 15min a day, taking Aleve, stretching, and spinning an easier gear during those long races. So for Afton, I plan on icing them down beforehand (and maybe during), taking (legal) drugs, and spinning easy up the climbs. I hope that helps!

In other news, I have set my main goal for 2008. Looking at the USA Cycling website, I found out that with my results in the WORS races, I actually qualified for the Mountain Bike National Championship race (another familiar name appears 7 rows below mine)...which unfortunately was 3 weeks ago. NORBA doesn't recognize the Comp race category, so they just put those racers into the Sport category for National races. In this year's race, there were only 10 racers in the Sport 25-29 age group, which makes for good odds. So, next year I will try to qualify once again, and then travel to CA or VT or wherever it is held, and attempt to win myself one of these:


Next week is Trek World, our huge product show where all the new 08 bikes and parts are on display for the dealers to come and oogle over. It's a good time...alot of hours to work but fun seeing all the cool new stuff coming out. I hope to see a few SBS employees there... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby those knees. It sucks when they hurt. I know.
That jersey is very flaggy. You will look like Joe America in it!

G-reg said...

That's wild, now we have crappy knees and pseudo-successful-amature-mtb careers in common. What's really strange is that I haven't bought a NORBA license for a few years.

Brian said...

Trent hates America.

I haven't bought a NORBA license in many years either.

Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm on a government watch list! Thanks Brian

Lars said...

Yep, rest is the only thing for tendonitis of any joint. It gets worse a lot faster than it gets better.