Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Relaxation

Heather and I had a relaxing vacation in northern WI with Heather's parents. The lake cabin was very nice and secluded. It was built by former world champion lumberjacker Fred Sheer. His trophies were all over the place. We passed the days by canoeing, paddle-boating, swimming, and reading. Vontoux and Willa had a grand time as well, swimming their little hearts out and attracting ticks like there was no tomorrow. Jim went fishing each day and caught a couple of decent sized smallmouth bass that we fried up and ate on our last night there. It was a great time, and we hope to go back again next year.

Vontoux and I in the screened in porch.
Vontoux loves the water.
Heather leading Willa into the water for the first time.
Joyce summoning the fire gods.
Canoeing around the lake. Pale white skin alert.
The mother and daughter on the dock.
Jim taking a break from the paddle boat and fishing from the dock.
The doggies showing off their new bandanas.
Chillin on the shed porch.
Tomorrow night Heather and I are going to Little Amerricka, a somewhat scary amusement park in Marshall (in between Sun Prairie and Waterloo...smells like feces with all the cow/pig/slaughterhouse) for the Trek company summer picnic. Free rides, food, and good times. Possibly some death and/or dismemberment.


This weekend will be the road racing debut of the Team Brown Bear jerseys!

6 comments:

Simmons said...

Nice pictures, stay off the "Zipper", and good luck this weekend!

ps - Rick got his jerseys yesteday. Emergency avoided :) I hope I get mine soon :)

Brian said...

I'll ride the Zipper if I want to! I do what I want! :)

Good to hear that the Mangan crisis was avoided. His girls will look fast and flashy racing in their TBB gear!

I would guess that you will get yours before the weekend arrives.

Anonymous said...

Three words: TILT- A- WHIRL

Anonymous said...

I second the tilt-a-whirl comment.

Justin Fox said...

Stay off the zipper and anything with the word "gravi-" in it.

Anonymous said...

Oh and remember that the guy running the ride, is also the one who assembled it...