Monday, January 29, 2007

A Post Sans Pictures

This post lacks the colorful addition of pictures. My apologies in advance.

The house drama continues. As Heather stated on her blog, we had our inspection on Saturday (she also posted some interior and backyard pics). The house could use a new roof and a new furnace. Both are still functioning now...no leaks in the attic and the furnace is still running smooth, but both are "near the end of their useful life". So now we are seeing if the seller (the bank) would be willing to buy the new roof/furnace or give us a break on the selling price. Fun times.

Tonight we go to the insurance agent to check on insurance for the house. We need that before we can close on it.

Last night Team Gray extended their unbeaten streak, beating Team White 6-2. We played pretty well as a team and are now only 2 points behind Team Blue in the standings. I got an assist, but no goals. Next week we don't have a game due to the Super Bowl.

Is there a new road frameset in my near future??

8 comments:

Simmons said...

Did Pat show up for Team White this time :)

Brian said...

Nope, still no Pat. He really can't be getting his money worth if he never shows up.

Of course, he could just be a ringer and show up for the playoffs... :)

Justin Fox said...

Congratulations on the house Brain! You're movin up! If the strange patterns you and I have established keep happening (you were born right before me, graduated college right before me, got a job right before me, got married right before me, etc) the I guess I have to buy a house too!?! Or no?

Anonymous said...

You know Brian, the Abraham triplets should be able to take care of that house for you when they can walk that is. :-0

Brian said...

Foxy- I think you have to wait until after you get married...then you have to buy the house. And then we start our rock band. :)

Trent- quite true. Put those kids to work!

Anonymous said...

Contract negotiations fell through so you will not see me playing hockey, however, you will see my pics on the bottom of select Guiness bottle caps titled "Can this guy even skate?"
It's time for Fox to step out of the Brian shadow "Do or don't do, there is no try" (Yoda?) and turn into a regional micro brewer by buying the old Hamm's facility!

G-reg said...

I'm jealous of your housing stresses, I'm tired of renting crap-azz apartments in crap-azz cities.

Justin Fox said...

Brain - We'll release Temptation Water's debut cd titled........ oh wait....

PW - I would give everything I own to move my operation into the "Old Style" factory. Best beer ever, but only in the pounders.