Friday, June 30, 2006

The Busy Time

Hello everyone! Long time no blog...sorry about that. It's been a pretty busy week here. Last weekend was our trip to Bismarck/Grand Forks. Andy's wedding was a great time. You can check out some pictures from the event here. There was even a Big Gay Pete sighting! Crazy. Then it was back to GF for some time with family/friends. Picked up my wheels from the Ski and Bike Shop (thanks Terry!) and found out that they might be installing Ascend this fall, so I could be spending some time back in GF putting that in for them. That would be cool.

Andy and Becca are now living in Rochester. Simmons has moved to Fargo. Brooks and Mary are literally moving to Madison as I type this. Craziness all over the place.

This week was pretty hectic with work and me scrambling to get my 9.9 built in time for this weekend. It turned out very well:

I rode it tonight and liked it. I will take it to Jim's Trails sometime tomorrow to test it off road and get everything broken in as much as possible. Then Sunday I am off to Eau Claire for a WORS mtb race. We'll see how it goes. :)

The Tour de France starts tomorrow. That's exciting. This whole doping scandal is insane. We'll see what comes of that in the future...in the meantime the race should be even more wide open, so let's hope that brings more excitement.

So this weekend I have my mtb race, then next weekend Heather and I are heading back home to play at Union Lake all weekend with the whole family. Then the following week after that (July 17-21), I will be in Southern California to visit Ascend dealers. Should be fun. I have a bike lined up for some fun riding while I am there (since my nights will be free).

So it looks to be yet another busy next few weeks. Hope everyone has a good 4th of July weekend.

8 comments:

G-reg said...

Wow, some random parts on the ninerniner. Some stuff doesn't even match, I guess there is some hope for you. Where exactly in SoCal, you should try and hook up with my buddy in Palm Springs if you are going to around there. He would be more than happy to show you the good trails and hand you your ass.

Lars said...

Nice ride dude. Wicked light I am sure. I am so jealous of your Union Lake trip. It was a fun wild weekend and great to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

From a design perspective... your white/powder blue fork doesn't look good with the black flames frame.
I still love you though.

Brian said...

The contrasting colors is what makes it so cool.

That, and the uber-cool flames.

Lars said...

Roll me away Brian, roll me away tonight.

Brian said...

You know that I would.

Simmons said...

Looking good Brian :)

Justin Fox said...

That is a hot azz lookin ride you got there brain. Any guess for total weight? I think the flames definately add weight, but are well worth it for the intimidation factor.