Monday, June 19, 2006

My new Fox (the fork, not Foxy)

Hello everyone. Slow week here for me, but I am sure that others are having a much more exciting week, as Andy gets married on Fri (!!!), Brooks is currently moving to Madison (as I type this), and Greg adds yet another Klein to his bike fleet.

Some fun news for me is that I finally got my new Fox F80 fork for my Trek 9.9, so I can build it up now. I had originally ordered a 06, but they ran out, so I got a 07 model. It's pretty pimpy, with its creamy white color and improved features.

Here is a crappy closeup of the newly-designed upper adjustment knob. It is actually 3 knobs in one. The top red knob is the rebound adjustment, the blue lever is the lockout, and the lower blue knob is the compression adjustment. Very cool. Can't wait to play around with it on the bike.
I will post more pics of the complete bike when I have it done. I will be picking up the wheels for it (King hubs on 717 rims) from the Bike Shop this weekend when we are back in GF. I'm looking forward to riding the 9.9 finally, as it has been disassembled in the basement for a few months now.

That's about all I know for now I guess. I am looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend, either at Andy's wedding or back in GF. Anyone up for a Hub night on Sat night? ;)

2 comments:

G-reg said...

Very smooth. Especially without any disc mounts.....so now your really committed. So now it sounds like you need a nice steel SS on a ridged fork with V brakes to temper that 9.9. I've heard this rumor that some company makes an Eccentric hub that could do that to the IF....

Brian said...

Yeah, the fork with v-brake studs was out of stock for at least another month, so I opted for the disc-specific.

I'm already planning on taking the SS parts off the 970 (rigid fork too) and putting them on the IF. Some spec changes might have to be done (wheels and cranks/bb for sure). It's time to retire the rusted frame, I think...