Monday, February 13, 2006

Return trip

Heather, Vontoux, and I made it back to Wisco in one piece. It was a fun, but short, trip. Good to see everybody and meet up at the Hub for the much anticipated Hub Special. I'm sure we'll be back again in a few months -- you are all welcome to visit here as well! :)

I really need to wash my car now...salt on the outside from going through MN and dog hair on the inside from our winter-coat-shedding lab. Got really good gas mileage on the way home, right around 32mpg or so. I wonder why gas is 20 cents cheaper in ND.

The Winter Olympics rule.

Next week I plan on ramping up my training a bit. The next month will be spent on going for longer rides, then follow that with more intensity/interval rides leading up to my first race of the year, which looks like it will be a road race on April 9th. We'll see how it goes!

9 comments:

Brooks Leedahl said...

do you miss heather because you have a closet heroin addiction?

Brian said...

Don't you mean cocaine? I only experimented with heroin, it is "nose candy" that I am addicted to. Simmons got me started on it.

;)

Brooks Leedahl said...

as in the song "Rocket Man"

Brian said...

It's just my job 5 days a week.

Scotty J said...

nose candy huh are you trying to be the next Marco (the Pirate) Pantani. Well, anyways good luck with that. Oh yeah also, she packed my bags pre-fight. Zero-hour nine a.m.

G-reg said...

32MPG is pretty good, do you leave the bike rack on? I get similar highway milage in the "decaf" Suby.

Brian said...

No, the bike rack is off.

Normally for highway I have been getting 28-30mpg, so still pretty decent.

Robb Lunak said...

Brian, you never called me you little man. Little man Brian, never called, yeah never called. Kmart, yeah Kmart in Cincy. I'm an excellent driver. 3 minutes to Wahpner. Little man Brian never called, never called. Kmart Sucks!!

Rainman

Brian said...

Sorry about that. We didn't get into Fargo until 8 or 9pm on Sat, then we ended up leaving around 1pm on Sun. Hung out with the sister and her fam.

Did you end up going ice fishing with BGP?