Monday, October 08, 2007

Birthday Boy

Hello all. I decided to skip out on the last WORS race of the season on Sunday. It was over a 2 hour drive oneway, and since I wasn't concerned about the overall standings this year, I decided to stay home. I mowed the lawn and helped Heather with the paver project instead. It looks awesome...so much better! Just have to put down the pea gravel and mulch, and it should be finally finished. So anyway, my mtb racing season is over with, just cross remains. Last year I did 3 WORS races, this year I did 6, so I think a reasonable goal for next year would be 9 (there are 12 in the series). Plus, that would put me in good contention for the overall standings.

Today was a special day, as our little son Vontoux turned 3 years old! We took him to the pet store so that he could pick out a new toy.
He ended up wanting a fire hydrant hose throwing toy, which is a toy that he has had before. He loved chasing that thing in the backyard.
Yesterday I went and paid my league fees for the upcoming adult hockey season. First game is Oct 28th...I can't wait! I should find out what team I'm on sometime in the next week or so.

I've been riding strong on the lunch rides at work, which is encouraging this late in the season. Plus, I've been doing some running training every Wed at lunch, as we have a big group from work that plays Ultimate Frisbee in the soccer field across the street from Trek. Hopefully all that riding/running pays off during the cross season.

I will be living the bachelor life this week, as Heather takes off Wed after work to go visit her family in MI. She won't get home until the following Monday evening. I'll try to get some stuff done around the house, remember to feed the kids, and race a couple cross races this weekend while she's gone. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they grow up so fast don't they?
Have a good week!

Simmons said...

Happy B-day Vontoux!