Sunday, July 08, 2007

LSD

Dad and Danette paid us a visit this weekend, making a quick stop on their whirlwind vacation tour. On Saturday, Heather and Mary took off for a Danskin tri near Chicago (they did VERY well for TBB, with Mary getting 2nd age group, 14th overall and Heather getting 21st age group, 115th overall out of 3919 women). Great job ladies! With Heather off playing, we decided to get some work done around the house. My dad and I installed a new door in the garage (with Danette supervising) and also re-glazed some windows. It turned out quite nice...now it just needs to be painted. Thanks for all your help, Dad and Danette!

Today I wanted to get in a few miles on the road bike since I didn't have a race this weekend. I wanted to go a little further than normal with the 2nd WORS marathon race next Sunday and Nine Mile 24hr race a few weeks later. I had planned to do 50 miles or so...but that ended up not happening. I got lost not once, not twice, but three times...on the roads that comprise the Horribly Hilly Hundreds...ouch. Lots of climbing.
Some stats from the ride:
  • 95 degree temps with lots o' humidity
  • 6 water bottles gulped down (144 ounces)
  • 5 hours of saddle time
  • 82 miles covered
My arms and legs are the only parts of me that see the light of day. Yes, those are crab boxers.

9 comments:

Simmons said...

Sounds like you found a great new training loop. Watch out Eatough! Where did you keep six water bottles?

Those are the sexiest boxers I have ever seen :)

Anonymous said...

Pre-hung door! Nice work. Did you like that better then the door only??
I also am a fan of the boxers though I'm disturbed by your crabs.

Brian said...

The Merckx has 10 water bottle mounts. ;)
No, I stopped a couple of times to refill.

Pre-hung doors > door only.
Much easier.
Heather gave me the crabs, you'll have to talk to her about that. :)

Anonymous said...

You know there is shampoo for that problem; never had to use it myself but I hear it works.

Anonymous said...

When you're shaving your legs, just keep going! Shorn-ra-la.

Justin Fox said...

Use a very tiny comb, that seems to help.

Next time your in minneapolis, you can help me hang a new door in my garage too (hint hint).

Simmons said...

Wow! If I bid and win it do I still have to pay shipping or can I pick it up at Nine Mile :)

I honestly don't know how you can part with that frame. You must have no soul :)

Brian said...

You guys are more than welcome to bid on it. I would even put special surprises in the box for you... :)

It needs to go to a home where it will be ridden. It has sat in the basement collecting dust for a year now...and it is too nice of a frame to build up as a beater SS to ride around town.

My IF days are not over though. The plans for a 953 mtb and Ti Crown Jewel are still in full effect.

G-reg said...

I'm still not biting on the 953 thing, corrosion resistance and polished SS looking bad ass are the only advantages I can see. It's as if not more expensive than Ti, but builds a heavier frame, is easier to dent than Ti or other nice steel. I guess there's the "Steel is Real" ride. So over your own Deluxe that you are casting away, it's more corrosion resistant, shinier, easier to dent, 1/4-1/2 pound lighter, rides nearly the same(I guess), and is quadruple the price. That being said, I'd like to be proved wrong : ) I was close to pulling the eBay trigger on a Ti Phil Wood Piss Off (made by IF) a few days ago....so pretty.