Monday, December 18, 2006

A 45mph couch potato

Hello everyone. Wow, Xmas is right around the corner now. Crazy. It will be a hectic couple of weeks for Heather and I, as we are going to MI this upcoming weekend and then to ND the following weekend. Lots of driving, but it will be a good time regardless. We got our little nephew Hayden the coolest gift ever, the Trek Trikester. The thing is bad-ass. Hopefully he isn't reading my blog, otherwise the surprise will be ruined. He probably won't be able to use it right away, but by the time next spring rolls around, he'll be flying on it.
Heather and I went to another house showing on Sat in east Madison. It was ok...all the appliances were ancient, it still had a fuse box instead of circuit breakers, all the walls would have to be repainted, the layout was weird, etc. It did already have a fenced in backyard, but it was a small yard that looked into all the neighbors back yards. We still like the Sun Prairie split level the best so far.

After our house showing, we went to AniMart (like PetCo) because they were having an "open house" for the WI greyhound adoption organization. It has long been Heather's dream to rescue a retired racing greyhound, so it was good to see them up close and pet them. They are actually really calm and friendly in person. Vontoux would love having a playmate at all times! ;) Our favorite one from the website is Dean:
Tonight I had my last league hockey game for 3 weeks because of the holidays. Team Gray continued their winning ways, beating Team Green 3-1. I scored a goal (only 40 seconds into the game) and also got an assist on our 3rd goal. A slap shot hit my skate near the end of the 1st period, and now my right foot hurts. It's not bad though. As we head into the holiday break, Team Gray is 6-2 and in 2nd place still. I have 4 goals and 7 assists for 11 points in 8 games.

I have some extra vacation time at work (and if we don't use it, we lose it), so I took tomorrow off from work. Brooks and I are going to play. Should be fun. Talk with you all later!

6 comments:

Simmons said...

You could get Dean in time for Christmas and rename him Santa's little helper :)

Anonymous said...

I've started to notice the similarities between the pugs and the trikester. Can this be explained just by the big oversized tire and total fun riding factor of both. Brian, outfit the trikester, and ride to Brook's house.

Brian said...

Heather is not keen on naming him SLH...I've brought it up before. She actually likes the name (Slick) Willie.

If I rode the Trikester all the way to Brooks' house, my knees would for sure be shot. :)

Brooks Leedahl said...

is there any way deaner could make a comeback and make you guys some extra cash on the side?

if that wouldn't work, he could always hustle other dogs at the dog park

Simmons said...

You could just tell people that you named him after Dean Karnazes.

He would make a good road ride training partner for TBB :)

Lars said...

That dog is pointy.