Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trek World...lots of 2007 bike products!

Attention: Bike geek post below. Proceed at your own risk. :)

Hello all! Back from France, and I am immediately thrust into the busiest work week of the year...Trek World. Trek World is Trek's huge dealer show to show off all of next year's product lines. Needless to say, it is ALOT of hours (but I can make up the hours that I missed last week, plus get hella overtime). But I also get the chance to drool over some of next year's coolest bikes and products before they reach the dealer floors. Here is a sample of some of my favs:

Quite possibly the coolest thing that they are unveiling this year, the Trek Mod. It is a kids big wheel-like bike, made with steel and a freewheel on the front wheel. Super cool, just like the Trikester.
Could this be Heather's new bike this fall/winter? A Trek Equinox 7 WSD in cool light blue color. Equipped nicely right out of the box ready for her to kick butt in next year's tri season.
The new carbon cross fork from Bontrager on the new Trek XO-2 cross bike. All carbon blades with an aluminum steerer tube. Very nice...but I still like my Reynolds. :)
The complete bike pic of the Trek XO-2. They shaved almost 3 lbs with this bike coming from the XO-1 by putting Ultegra on it, better wheels, and the carbon fork. Very cool bike.
Here is one of the pimpiest looking bikes at this year's show in my opinion. They took one of the brand new 6.9 SL Madone frames (sub 900 grams) and put a new style Project One paint job on it. This paint job allows you to pick 3 different colors of your choice! Looks especially pimpy with the white tape, seat, and red-spoked wheels.
The new LeMond Poprad cross bike, in metallic red with retro white panels. The Poprad is only offered in the disc version this year. Also has the carbon Switchblade fork.
Sweet! The new Shimano XTR group is kick ass. So many options, with different rear derailleurs (standard or rapid-rise), shifters (rapidfire or dual control), etc. Here are the new cranks. The finish on them is really cool...and won't dull like the current style.
The new LeMond Triumphe series, with funky Min/Max tubing. Check out that wide seatstay! Very light though.
The new XTR rear derailleur. Machined goodness. The new rapidfire shifters take a page from the SRAM mtb shifters by allowing down-shifting by pushing or pulling on it from either direction. Speaking of SRAM, they have a booth setup here with some demo bikes, so I checked out their new road groups. I thought they looked cool. The shifters are definitely simple with just one lever for shifting both ways...might take a bit of time to get used to while on the road though. I'll stick with my Dura-Ace. :)
The totally redesigned Trek Fuel bikes. This is the Top Fuel 9.9. Better functioning rear suspension, and much lighter than previous years at around 23-24 lb. They also make a Top Fuel SL that weighs in around 21-22 lb.
The Trek 69er with 29 inch front wheel and 26 rear wheel. Single speed with Maverick front fork. Crazy.
That's all I've got for now. Better get going to bed, as I've got another long day tomorrow. Hope all is well with everyone!

10 comments:

Simmons said...

Nice pics Brian. Are Heather and you gonna need one of those Trek Hot Wheels any time soon? :) Can I get on the wait list for a 9.9 Top Fuel SL? 21-22 lbs. Wow! I can't wait till I can afford to buy bikes and bike related stuff again :) More pictures tomorrow? When are you coming up north again? I like to ask questons :)

Brian said...

1. No Big Wheels in our immediate future.
2. Put me on the wait list too. It's a cool bike.
3. Maybe...depends on if I have time.
4. I'm going to Afton next week. :) Not sure when I will be in GF next.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, maybe if you were coming to Afton you'd get some Brian time... but no, you decided to break Trent and Brian's hearts instead. ;-(

Big Wheels are cool!

Simmons said...

I'm SORRY!

Don't count me out yet :)

Scotty J said...

What does that Equinox 7 WSD come equiped with, is it like last years version with 105?

Brian said...

Yeah, it comes with 105, so it's spec'd almost the same as Heather's current road bike.

Scotty J said...

What are your thoughts on 105 vs. ultegra? Kayla really likes the bike and we are looking at getting that one for her.

Brian said...

Sorry, she can't get the same bike as Heather. ;)

105 vs Ultegra: Performance wise, they will be quite similar...maybe smoother shifting (especially the front der/shifter) and crisper braking with Ultegra. Heather hasn't had any problems with the 105 on her road bike.

Scotty J said...

Oh yeah and I forgot to say that all those other bikes are really awesome. I am in the market sortof of a cross bike so we will see, and thanks for the post and comments really useful

Justin Fox said...

Hot hot rides dewd