Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Santa Barbara

Hello everybody. Back from SoCal and back at work. Oh joy. :) Santa Barbara was the coolest town I visited on my trip. Decent size (90k or so), far enough away from LA to avoid all the traffic, beautiful weather, and great riding. Here are some pics:

Vontoux approves of this post. Man does he look cool.
Quite possibly the best mailbox ever. Guess where you put the mail! :D
The view from my ride along the mountain ridge right out of Santa Barbara. If you look closely, you can see the road that I was riding on, about halfway up the mountainside. It wasn't really a road, more just a long driveway to get to all the really rich people's houses.
Here's me posing with my loaner Serotta. This was by far one of the coolest road rides I have ever been on. Unbelievable riding there...
Here's where the ride started, at the Santa Barbara Mission.
The view from the other side of the mountain. In the distance, you can barely make out Santa Barbara and the ocean.
On Sunday Heather did her first ever Half Ironman triathlon...and she did VERY WELL! She took it easy so that she wouldn't completely bonk during the run, but she still managed to average over 18mph for the 50+ mile bike section. She kicked some ass...
This weekend will be a really good time, as Trent, Vino, Sears, and myself are racing as a team at the 24 Hours of 9 Mile here in WI. Should be a blast. Word on the street is that Greg will be making an appearance as well.
Then the Fri after that Heather and I are off to France! Very excited for that! I am planning on doing a daily blog update while we are there to keep everyone updated (depending on internet access, of course). That's about all I have for now. Talk with you all soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming such a worldly traveler!
The mailbox rules! I think you could adapt that for any extra curricular activity.

Simmons said...

Way to go Heather! That's Awesome!

I can't wait for Friday to get here. It's going to be so much fun.
I also heard rumors that the FOX will make it to nine mile, and ride a lap in lederhosen while playing his new guitar :)

Have a good time at the reunion Tonia. I'm so upset that I'm going to miss it :)

Anonymous said...

You know what Dave - I don't like that kind of attitude! I'm sure you will be having more fun while at 24/9, but I am looking forward to the juicy gossip.

Justin Fox said...

Lederhosen is actually ideal for riding bikes. The roots of the bib short come directly from lederhosen. Actually the first revision of the Santini bibs were called "bib-erhosen", for the record.

Brian said...

How could someone come to my blog and NOT find what they're looking for?

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »