Thursday, August 21, 2008

Travel plans

Well, we made it through Trek World ok. Lots of hours, but thankfully they let preggers Heather out a bit early each night so she wasn't completely worn out. My typical day looked like this: head to Monona Terrace at 9am, work until midnight. Go home. Sleep for a few hours. Repeat. I did that Tuesday-Saturday, then on Sunday I worked 8am-4pm. Didn't help that I went out after work with co-workers a couple nights too. Makes for a really long week, but it's still a good time seeing all the new products and meeting the dealers.

Another fun thing from the show was that we booked our next Trek Travel trip! We have wanted to do that again ever since our France honeymoon trip, and when we heard that they were offering the big discount trips again, we jumped at the chance. So next September Heather and I will be traveling along with Tonia and Trent to lovely Vermont!
Here are the trip page details. Fall colors, riding over Appalachian Gap and the Green Mountains, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, bed and breakfast inns, and maple syrup. I can't wait!

If you didn't notice, Heather posted on her blog about the ultrasound results. Seems that we have a little girl on the way. :)
If anyone has any advice as to gun/weaponry choices for keeping teenage boys away from daughters, please let me know.

This weekend I am heading to the Cities to do a couple races. The MN State road race is on Sat, and then there is a WORS mtb race on Sun on the drive home. Should be fun.

Speaking of bikes...I got another painted frame done by P1, this one a "custom job" though. It turned out awesome. I'll post pics soon. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new paint job. As far as guns go you can never go wrong with a 12-guage; in particular saysomething like a Mossberg, not only is it good for home portection, but the fact that it is a short barrel means you get a lot greater pellet spread. Any over/under combo is a good choice as well. Might I suggest a Binelli?

Scotty J said...

any 12 guage pump action. Like Squez says get a Mossberg 500 with the 18" barrel. Oh yeah make sure it fits 3" shells the bigger the better! All you have to do is cock the sucker and teenage boys will flee fearing your wrath!!!

Cycling Scribe said...

Looking forward to the trip now that I have my new road tires and working on getting Tonia a bike we should be ready to go!!
I've always thought a dull hatchet is best. More pain :-)