Friday, March 28, 2008

Busy Times and Afterthoughts

Might as well do another post with no pictures. I don't have any new ones, plus Heather took the camera with her this weekend. Her and Mary went to visit Mary's parents in Indiana for a relaxing weekend. It will be a guy's weekend here in Madison, as Brandon is coming to visit and we are going to the NCAA hockey regional here. The Sioux got placed in Madison unexpectedly, but I won't complain since it means I get to watch more hockey.

Last weekend I traveled to Minneapolis for the WCHA Final Five and managed to watch 4 hockey games, visit Foxy, stop at Auntie Alane's for an excellent meal, and play in a Sioux/Gopher fan hockey game all in one weekend. Brandon, Gillian, and I went to the games and had awesome first row seats in the upper level. Naturally, I ran into a big snowstorm on my drive to the Cities. What the hell? It is in the 40s all week, almost all the snow is gone, and then we get 5 inches of snowy, icy crap the day I leave for a trip? I'm ready for summer.

Good news...Rick, Trent, and I got into Chequamegon again. I see that they cashed my check last week, so we're golden. Vino is coming to cheer us on and take pics instead of racing. Speaking of Vino, Jen should be birthing Lil Buddy Simmons sometime soon...that's awesome, congrats man! Also cool is that Trent finished his first novel. I would read it, but it doesn't have any advertisements or pictures of naked women to keep me focused, so my ADD would probably kick in and I wouldn't be able to finish it.

Team Green has lost its way. We have gone 1-2 in the last 3 games and are now in 4th place, which is disappointing since we were leading the league not long ago. Only one more regular season game left before the 4-week playoffs start. I need to pick up my scoring asap.

Brooks and I started to finalize our racing schedule for this year. It looks like our first road race will probably be in the 3rd or 4th week of April. Riding has been going well; feeling good in the lunch rides at work, now I just need to start getting some longer rides in to build up my endurance.

That's about all I have for now. I promise that my next post will have pics.
Go Sioux!

5 comments:

Simmons said...

No baby yet. What was this gopher-Sioux fan game? Team Green is just getting all their losses out of the way before the playoffs. Glad to hear you guys got into Cheq.

G-reg said...

I'm in Cheq also!

Brian said...

Getting anxious, Vino? :)

That's awesome, Greg. I was wondering if you got in or not. We'll see you there. Like I said earlier, you're more than welcome to stay with us if no one else cares. We could sleep 5-6 in that cabin easily.

Anonymous said...

Good times!

Cycling Scribe said...

I can always stick some naked pics of myself in the book to keep you interested. ;-)