Monday, February 25, 2008

Two Weeks Gone

Oops. Forgot to post for a couple weeks there. Had a fun trip back home to GF. Stayed at Fox's for a night then left for GF the next morning. Bummed around GF with Dad and Danette and went to the Sioux/Denver hockey game on Sat night. Of course on my drive home on Sunday it was blizzard conditions in WI. Seems to be how that works around here.

This past weekend Heather painted the kitchen while I replaced all the outlets, switches, and faceplates in the kitchen...they used to be a mixture of almond and white, now they are all white. Trent will be proud of me, as I didn't shock myself or burn down the house...yet.

Here is our winter wonderland:
Heather doesn't seem to think that a backyard hockey rink will fit back there; I disagree. :)

Speaking of hockey...the last 2 games Team Green has gone 1-1. We beat Team Blue 7-6 last week and I got a goal and an assist, but this week we lost to Team Orange 4-1; no points for me. Somehow Team Green is still in first place despite our inconsistent play lately.

Friendly Reminder: Vino, Trent, Rick, and anyone else that is interested in racing Chequamegon this year...you need to get me your registration form and $. We need those in by March 15th, or we miss out on the lottery. :)

6 comments:

Cycling Scribe said...

Way to go on the switch, outlet replacement. I am so proud of you. Though all the coolest kids get at least one shock during each project, even if there is no electricity envolved.

G-reg said...

I want in on Cheq. Do you have some sort of inside line? Otherwise I'll just mail my stuff in.

Simmons said...

I'll get it to you asap.

Brian said...

I bet you like the shocker Trent.

No inside line. We just sent them in together last year (you can put up to 4 forms in one letter). It will be cool to see you there! If Rick and Dave don't care, you could stay in our cabin in Hayward.

Sounds good Vino.

Trent, are you in as well??

Anonymous said...

I think your backyard would be perfect for a ice-rink

Cycling Scribe said...

Yeah, I'm in. I'll send you the info and $$